Preventive Control Programs
Well-developed preventive control programs are the foundation of any food processor's food safety program. They outline required procedures, training, monitoring, follow-up and record keeping for routine tasks that enable the processor to consistently produce safe, high-quality dairy products.
Preventive control programs are initial building blocks in the development of HACCP -type programs that meet global food safety standards.
Preventive control programs help processors:
- meet regulatory standards
- keep the records required by clients and government
- shift the focus from reacting to food safety problems to preventing them in the first place
- be prepared to perform effective recalls, if necessary
- meet consumer expectations
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300