The Government of Ontario, Beef Farmers of Ontario and Northeastern Ontario municipalities have developed information and learning resources to assist livestock farmers in the North make good production and business decisions. These include:
- An e-learning tutorial on How to Start a Farm in Northern Ontario released by the Beef Farmers of Ontario.
- A complimentary Business Information Bundle (BIB) to support the e-learning tutorial released by OMAFRA.
- A video series by the Beef Farmers of Ontario on beef farming in Northern Ontario was launched.
- In the summer of 2017 an Introduction to Beef Cattle Farming Training Program for Indigenous people was developed and delivered by Collège Boréal and Beef Farmers of Ontario
- A model for assembling private land specifically for agricultural use currently under development by the municipalities of Northeastern Ontario, which corresponds to their needs and vision for agricultural development and economic diversification and;
- A Guide for Crown Land Disposition for Agriculture currently under development by the province which will provide information to farmers or those interested in applying for Crown land to be used for agriculture.
For information contact OMAFRA by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-424-1300.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300