Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs Appeal Tribunal (Tribunal)
Rule 11 - Oral Hearings
Notice of an oral hearing
11.01 Written notice of an oral hearing shall be given by the secretary to the Tribunal to the parties to an appeal and others as required by statute and to such other persons as the Tribunal considers necessary.
Contents of notice
11.02 The notice of hearing shall include,
- the date, time, place and purpose of the hearing;
- a reference to the statutory authority under which the hearing is to be held;
- a statement that where a person is properly served with the notice of hearing and does not attend at the time and place designated in the notice, the Tribunal may proceed in that person's absence and that person will not be entitled to any further notice in the proceeding;
- a statement that the hearing will be open to the public unless the Tribunal directs otherwise, in accordance with section 9 of the SPPA; and
- any other information which the Tribunal considers necessary to the proper conduct of the hearing.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-888-466-2372 ext. 519-826-3433