Rural Community Development
Branch - Service Standards
- Helping to transform communities by being a catalyst and connector.
- Supporting communities through economic development programs.
Community Economic Development Unit:
- Develops tools, resources and researches best practices to support
the local economic development efforts of rural communities
- Administers the Ontario Business Retention and Expansion program
(BR+E), the First Impressions Community Exchange program (FICE),
Community Immigrant Retention in Rural Ontario (CIRRO), community
economic analysis tools and downtown revitalization resources
and the REDDI website (www.reddi.gov.on.ca).
Finance and Corporate Initiatives Unit:
- Coordinate and support the development of contracting, claims,
administration and reporting for RCDB transfer payment and funding
- Provide Risk Management analysis for RCDB programs.
- Leads corporate initiatives such as performance measurement
and business continuity planning.
Infrastructure Programs Unit:
- Works horizontally with federal and provincial governments and
within OMAFRA to design, develop, implement and case manage infrastructure-related
- Provides project management administration for infrastructure
transfer payment programs including: Canada-Ontario Municipal
Rural Infrastructure Fund (COMRIF), Canada Strategic Investment
Fund (CSIF), Building Canada Fund (BCF), Ontario Small Waterworks
Assistance Program (OSWAP), Infrastructure Stimulus Fund (ISF),
Rural Connections Broadband Program and Building Broadband in
Rural and Northern Ontario.
Regional Economic Development Staff:
- Provide coaching and connections for economic development strategies
and relationships that meet local needs.
- Assist with training and analysis to help develop and execute
economic development plans.
- Provide consulting and solution development to rural municipalities,
organizations, and businesses to help them access products, tools
and funding programs.
Rural Programs Unit:
- Works horizontally with other ministries and within OMAFRA to
design, develop, implement and project manage economic development
related programs, including Rural Economic Development (RED),
Ontario Market Investment Fund (OMIF), Ethanol, Biosecurity Program,
Rural Summer Jobs Service and the Food Safety and Traceability
Our Service Principles
When we provide a service to you, we are guided by three key principles
which will help us to meet or exceed your expectations.
- We are accountable to you and to the people of Ontario.
Programs and services will be delivered according to stated objectives
in a consistent manner. We respect your right to privacy and will
treat information with confidentiality.
- We are responsive to your needs. We will provide accurate,
high quality advice, guidance and information in a timely manner.
Information will be clear, up-to-date and easily accessible. We
will be transparent in our program guidelines and decision making
- We will be professional in our interactions with you.
Our programs will be delivered by knowledgeable and competent
staff. You will be treated with respect and courtesy.
Our Service Standards
Subject to operational exigencies, in the usual course of business
- We will follow OPS Common Service Standards.
- Applications will be reviewed and processed for decision within
45 days of receiving all required information, 90% of the time
for the following programs.
- Rural Summer Jobs Service
- Food Safety and Traceability Initiative
- Rural Economic Development Program
- Ontario Market Investment Fund
- Biosecurity Program
results reflect performance from April 1, 2011 - March 31, 2012.
We want to provide the best service that we can and your feedback
helps us to improve. If you have comments, questions or concerns
about our service we encourage you to let us know. Please contact
us by calling the Agricultural
Information Contact Centre at 1-877-424-1300 or use the
or send an e-mail to email@example.com
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300
Local: (519) 826-4047