OMAF and MRA's Research
Management System (RMS)
Welcome to the Research Management System (RMS), our
on-line system for managing research programs.
Fully Compatible Browsers
- Firefox and Explorer
- Use of other browsers such as 'Safari' may result in system
Register for a Username and Password
You must register in the RMS in order to obtain a username and
password before applying to any active Calls for Proposals.
Choose one of the following registration portals. Your
choice is important because it determines the route that your research
application takes upon submission.
Failure to register correctly could cause your application to not
be received by OMAF and MRA by the submission deadline.
with a Research Office or Other Approval Authority (usually
those from institutions such as colleges, universities, hospitals
- When you submit your research application form, it will go first
to your Research Office (RO) or similar authority for review.
The RO or other authority will either return the proposal to you
for revision or forward it to OMAF and MRA on your behalf.
- Remember to allow time for your internal approvals process when
applying to the program.
- First time applicants should contact the RMS
Administrator to ensure that your Research Office has a profile
in the RMS.
Other Applicants(usually those from business, commodity groups,
conservation authorities, industry, municipal organizations, non-Government
- Upon submission, your application goes directly to OMAF and
- Contact the RMS Administrator
if you have questions regarding your registration in the RMS.
After submission of your registration form
- You will receive an email from 'Do Not Reply - OMAFRA RMS' [donotreplyOMAFRArms@smartsimple.ca]
containing your username, temporary password and url of the login
- Check your junk email if you have not received an email in your
- Add the RMS email address to your 'safe senders' email list.
Your RMS Researcher Workbench
Use the workbench to:
- Build your profile with contact information and research outputs
that can be used in submissions to Ministry-funded research programs
and for annual and final reports for funded projects.
- Create new applications to open research program calls.
- Track applications from submission through to award decision.
- Manage your awards through report submission to OMAF and MRA.
Figure 1: Picture of the Researcher Workbench in the RMS.
Although you need to register in order to access call documents
in the RMS, you are not obligated to apply. However, we may contact
you to verify your interest solely to maintain the records in our
Applying to Open Research Calls
The 'Open Calls' box at the top right of the workbench contains:
- The program name,
- Submission Deadline,
- Project Duration
- Red Hyperlink to the Call for Letter of Intent pdf
- 'Details' red hyperlink which leads to an overview of the program
- Clicking on the 'Details' red hyperlink leads to an overview
of the program and important application information.
- Access a draft application form by clicking the 'Apply' button
located at the end of the program overview section.
- Click 'Save Draft' once to create a copy of the application
form under the 'Current Applications' tab on your workbench.
- Subsequent clicks on the 'Apply' button within the overview
section creates multiple applications.
- Return from the program overview section to the Researcher Workbench
by clicking The 'Back' button located beside the 'Apply' button
at the bottom of the overview section.
- Contact the RMS Administrator
if you need help with using the Research Management System.
Toll Free: 1-888-466-2372 ext. 64554