Help with Installing and
Attention Mac users: You might have issues accessing AgriSuite
online. The latest internet browser, Safari 12, does not support
Silverlight on which AgriSuite is built. Learn more.
Table of Contents
- Help with installing and updating AgriSuite for
Windows operating system users
- Installing AgriSuite in Windows
- Installing AgriSuite to your desktop
- Updating the AgriSuite desktop application
- Manually updating the AgriSuite desktop
- The AgriSuite desktop application
has been updated but a "An Update is Available"
pop-up window continues to appear
- Help with installing and updating AgriSuite for
MacOS operating system users
- Allow a specific site to run without
the Sandbox in Safari
- Opening an application from an "unidentified"
The sections on this page will walk you through the steps to some
common problems users have while installing and updating AgriSuite.
There are two sections: one for Windows users and one for Macintosh
1. Help with installing and updating AgriSuite
for Windows operating system users
a. Installing AgriSuite in Windows
We recommend that you use Internet Explorer when
installing and using AgriSuite. AgriSuite is not compatible with
the Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge web browsers as these browsers
will inform you that you need to install Microsoft Silverlight when
it has already been installed.
For Windows 10 users, the default Microsoft browser
on the Windows taskbar is Microsoft Edge. Internet Explorer is available,
but hidden in the Start menu.
To find Internet Explorer in Windows 10:
- In the search/Cortana bar located next to the start menu button
on the taskbar, search for Internet Explorer. If there is no search
bar, click the magnifying glass icon next to the start menu; this
will bring up a search window.
- The Internet Explorer App will appear in the search results.
- Right-click on "Internet Explorer" and select "Pin
to Start Menu." This will add Internet Explorer to your start
menu, making it easier to find the next time you need it.
b. Installing AgriSuite to your desktop
- Go to the AgriSuite web page.
- If you do not have Microsoft Silverlight installed, follow the
instructions in the "How
do I get AgriSuite" section on the page. Note: If you
are using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, you will receive a
message saying Microsoft Silverlight is not installed, even if
it is. These web browsers are not compatible with Microsoft Silverlight.
- Once Silverlight is installed, open the AgriSuite
application. On the AgriSuite start page, go to the "Support
& Maintenance" section and click the "Install AgriSuite
to Desktop" link.
- Click "Install" in the pop-up window that
- AgriSuite will open in a new window outside of Internet Explorer,
and an icon for AgriSuite will appear on your desktop.
c. Updating the AgriSuite desktop application
The AgriSuite desktop application will check for updates automatically
when you are connected to the Internet. A pop-up window will appear
if an update is found.
- Click "OK" in the pop-up window.
- Close the AgriSuite desktop application to complete the update.
- Open the AgriSuite application from your desktop. The update
will be complete.
d. Manually updating the AgriSuite desktop application
You can manually update the AgriSuite desktop application. First,
you will need to uninstall the AgriSuite application.
- Close the AgriSuite desktop application.
- Using Internet Explorer, go to the online
- Right-click on the green top header title area and select "Remove
- Refresh the online AgriSuite application in Internet
- Manually install the AgriSuite Desktop Application by clicking
"Install AgriSuite to Desktop" in the "Support
and Maintenance" section of the start page.
- Click "Install" in the pop-up window. AgriSuite will
open in a new window outside of Internet Explorer, and an icon
for AgriSuite will appear on your desktop.
e. The AgriSuite desktop application has been
updated but a "An Update is Available" pop-up window continues
To fix this problem, you'll need to clear the AgriSuite files from
your Internet Explorer browser cache.
- Close the desktop version of AgriSuite.
- In Internet Explorer, click the gear icon in the top-right corner
of the browser and click on "Internet Options."
- In the window that opens, click on the "General"
- In the "Browsing history" section, click the "Settings"
- Click the "Temporary Internet Files" tab, and then
click the "View Files" button.
- In the "Search Temporary Internet Files" box, type
- Right-click on the file with the Internet address http://apps.omafra.go.on.ca,
and click "Delete."
- Click "OK" in the pop-up window.
- Open your desktop version of AgriSuite.
2. Help with installing and updating AgriSuite
for MacOS operating system users
Attention Mac users: AgriSuite can be accessed only through
Safari 11 or earlier versions for Macs.
The ministry is working towards a long-term solution. In the meantime,
Mac users can take some steps to prevent potential access issues.
- If you already have AgriSuite installed on your Mac desktop,
do not uninstall it. Use your current desktop version.
- If you are using an older version of Safari, do not update to
Safari 12 until, at least, you have installed AgriSuite on your
- If you have updated to Safari 12 and you do not have AgriSuite
installed on your desktop, use a PC with Internet Explorer or
a Mac with an earlier version of Safari. Please note that if you
already have Safari 12 on your Mac, you won't be able to revert
to an earlier version of Safari to download AgriSuite.
For Safari 11
This guide is intended to be used for troubleshooting installation
issues on a computer running MacOS. Please note AgriSuite will
not function in Google Chrome and must be opened using Safari.
a. To install AgriSuite to a Mac you must first adjust your
safari browser settings.
To allow a specific site to run without the Sandbox in Safari,
follow these steps:
- Visit the Silverlight site that you want to allow to run.
- Select Preferences
from the Safari menu.
- Select the Websites tab from the preferences screen.
- Select Silverlight on the left side. If it is not found,
verify that you are navigated to the correct site, and that site
uses Silverlight, then select apps.omafra.gov.on.ca on the right
- At the pull-down for your site, click Run in Unsafe Mode.
Note: If Run in Unsafe Mode is not an option, hold the
"Option" key and click the dropdown. Run in Unsafe
mode should appear.
- Close the preferences window. AgriSuite should now run in Safari
and users should now be able to install to the desktop.
Safari will allow the download, but security settings may prevent
desktop version from opening.
b. To override your security settings and open the app anyway:
- In the Finder, search for AgriSuite (make sure you are searching
"This Mac" and not "recents". Don't use Launchpad
to do this. Launchpad doesn't allow you to access the shortcut
- Press the Control key, then click the app icon.
- Choose Open from the shortcut menu.
- Click Open.
The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and
you will be able to open it in the future by double-clicking it,
just like any registered app.
For Safari 10 or earlier versions
To install AgriSuite to a Mac, you must first adjust your Safari
browser settings. To adjust these settings, go to support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2942860,
or follow the instructions below.
a. Allow a specific site to run without the
Sandbox in Safari
- Open the online AgriSuite
- Select "Preferences
" from the Safari menu.
- Select the "Security" tab in the "Preferences"
- Select the "Plug-in Settings
- Hold down the options key and select "Silverlight."
If Silverlight is not an option, make sure that the AgriSuite
application Internet address is in the address box of your browser.
Silverlight will appear when you are trying to open up AgriSuite.
- In the pop-up menu that appears, select "Run in Unsafe
- Click "Trust" in the pop-up box that appears.
b. Opening an application from an "unidentified"
Mac users may still receive error messages, such as "can't
be opened," even after following the instructions above. If
this is the case for you, click on the question mark button in the
error message pop-up box and follow the instructions. You can also
follow these steps to override your security settings and open the
- In the "Finder," find the AgriSuite application. Don't
use Launchpad to do this, as Launchpad doesn't allow you to access
the shortcut menu.
- Press the "Control" key on your keyboard, and then
click the AgriSuite icon.
- Choose "Open" from the shortcut menu.
- Click "Open."
AgriSuite is saved as an exception to your security settings. You
can now open it by double-clicking it just like any other registered
For more information on installing and using AgriSuite, contact
the Agricultural Information Contact Centre at 1-877-424-1300 or