Health & Safety Board
In an effort to protect worker's rights and their health and safety
in the work place, the Ontario Government requires workplaces to
post certain documents. The postings are as listed with corresponding
1. Health and Safety Policy
2. Workplace Violence & Harassment Policy
- The OHSA requires employers to prepare and review, at least
once a year, a written Workplace Violence & Harassment policy,
and to develop and maintain a program to implement that policy.
The policy must be posted in the workplace except for workplaces
with five or fewer regularly employed workers, unless ordered
by an inspector.
Violence Harassment: Understanding the Law
3. A Copy of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Farming
4. Employment Standards in Ontario
- Under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA), employers are
required to display the most recent version of the ministry of
Labour's Poster, "Employment
Standards in Ontario" in at least one highly visible
location in the workplace. Employers are required to provide each
employee with a copy of the poster.
5. Health & Safety at Work: Prevention Starts Here Poster
6. WSIB- In Case of Injury at Work Poster (1,2,3,4)
8. Other Human Resources Posting Requirements
- A copy of the First Aid Certificate of those trained or a list
of the names of the valid First Aiders.
- Name of the Health & Safety Representative or names of the
individuals on the Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Location of the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) or Safety
Data Sheet, (SDS) binder.
- Emergency Numbers, (they should be posted near the phone as
opposed to the Health & Safety Board).
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300