Information Resources for Poultry Producers 2020
Tools for Assessing Your Farm Finances |Feeding | Welfare | Deadstock Disposal | Mental Health Support | Workplace Guidance for Sector Employers and Employees | Special Provision - Financial Difficulties
Since learning of COVID-19, Ontario has taken decisive action to stop the spread of this new virus to protect the health and well-being of all Ontarians. Ontario is doing everything we can to keep our food supply system strong, including working closely with stakeholders and partners across all parts of the food production chain.
Feeding and Nutrition
Reduced-growth Rations: Producers considering this as an option should consult with their nutritionist and veterinarian.
- Code of Practice for the Care and Handling of Hatching Eggs, Breeders, Chickens and Turkeys
- Code of Practice for Care and Handling of Pullets and Laying Hens
- Poultry Euthanasia Methods for On-Farm Mass Depopulation
- Potential options for disposal of carcasses following flock depopulation
- Emergency Disposal of On-Farm Deadstock
- Windrow Composting of Carcasses On-farm
- Burial of Carcasses on Farm Property:
- Workplace guidance for agricultural sector employers and employees Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) has worked with federal partners to develop public health guidance and provide links to key resources for the agriculture and agri-food sector.
Mental Health Support
OMAFRA recognizes that farmers are under a lot of stress. If you are struggling, reach out to a friend, family or other emotional support.
Tools for Assessing Your Farm Finances
- Financial Programs Summary Ontario Federation of Agriculure
- Cash Flow Planning - Use this template to undertake cash flow planning and calculate key ratios.
- AgriStability AgriStability protects producers from large declines in their farming income caused by production loss, increased costs or market conditions.
- Analyzing and Managing Your Cash Flow
- Managing Commodity Price Risk provides a basic overview of the commodity price risk management tools and terminology.
Special Provision - Financial Difficulties
Under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership, Ontario producers who are experiencing financial difficulty may qualify to access advisory services to complete a Farm Financial Assessment at no cost. The Farm Financial Assessment provides a review of the farm business' past financial performance, provides an analysis of the current business climate, develops objectives and identifies options to meet profitability and sustainability goals. For more information, contact the Agricultural Information Contact Centre at 1-877-424-1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300