Protocol for shipping Queen Honey Bees or packaged bees to the United States

Canada has export agreements with other trading partners for shipping live animals. These export agreements reflect the importing country's acceptance requirements.

One of the countries that Canada has an export agreement with is the United States. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) administers that agreement. If you are interested in shipping bees to the United States, contact an Export Officer at your local CFIA Animal Health Office. Completion of an applicable veterinary health certificate is required:

An inspection by an Ontario bee inspector is required within 10 days of shipment for each individual shipment.

More information on export requirements can be obtained from the CFIA website.

For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300