Industry Canada funding, administered by FedDev Ontario
What is it?
FedDev's Prosperity Initiative for Ontario announced in November
2010, is a four year, $210 million program. Its focus is on:
- the adaptation and adoption of new technologies, processes and
skills aimed at enhancing productivity;
- the development of new industries or opportunities to diversify
a community or regional economy; and
- the development and expansion of strategic economic clusters
that will have an impact on the global economy.
There are three
components of the program:
- Productivity Enhancements, by accelerating the adoption of new
technologies, processes and skills to enhance businesses and sectors
in southern Ontario to achieve higher output in relation to their
- Regional Diversification, by increasing the number of new industries
or opportunities in southern Ontario communities or regions with
the potential to have long-term impacts on their economic diversity;
- Building a Competitive Advantage for southern Ontario, by building
on the assets and strengths of southern Ontario businesses and
regions to create or expand economic clusters and enhance their
What is the benefit to your company?
Eligible recipients could receive funding of up to $20 million
Eligible recipients vary according to each of the three components
of the program and can include businesses, not-for-profit corporations
and post-secondary institutions. Please refer to the program guidelines
online for further details.
Eligible projects will:
- enhance productivity by accelerating the adoption of new technologies,
processes and skills that enhance the region's businesses and
- diversify the regional economy by increasing the number of new
industries or opportunities with the potential to have long-term
impacts on regional economic diversity; and
- build a competitive advantage in the region by creating or expanding
economic clusters and enhancing their global competitiveness.
How do I apply?
Applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis.
Note this is a two-phased application process. Please refer to
the Prosperity Initiative Guidelines to ensure your organization
is an eligible recipient and your proposal activities and objectives
fit within the Prosperity Initiative objective and criteria.
It is recommended that you contact
FedDev to discuss your proposal in advance of submission.
Where can I find more information?
For more information, please refer to the Program Guidelines available
on the FedDev Ontario website.
We're here to help!
To find out how the Business Development Branch at OMAFRA can provide
you with knowledge, connections and resources to help you grow your
business, call toll-free at 1 888-466-2372 ext 63486 or email at