Companies with traceability systems achieve many benefits for their
- They improve inventory control
- They decrease costs by reducing waste and inventory
- They can easily verify product claims
- They are able to perform an effective product recall
Watch and see how they did it. You'll gain helpful ideas and insights
into what it's like to implement traceability. You'll also find
out how it can improve your business.
. - A grower and packer of onions and carrots put in
place a software package and handheld barcode scanners. They can now
link data from the field to the pallets of bagged produce they ship
to retail customers.
Farms Ltd. - A potato grower and packer put in place a software
package and lot code label printer. They can now track all data
from the field to each bag of potatoes.
- A small beef cattle operation uses a software package
and RFID readers to capture animal management data. They can now provide
data to customers from birth to the package of beef.
Mar Farms Ltd. - A cow-calf operation uses a software package
and RFID readers to capture animal management data. They can now
track their cattle from birth through to the sale of live animals
and freezer beef.
- A sheep farm uses a mechanical handling system and RFID
reader. They can now meet buyer demands easily and know exactly how
many lambs are ready for shipping at any given time.