Figure 2a. Farms Phased-In (with construction)
- > 5 NU and any building permit* for livestock barn and/or manure storage
- > 5 NU and construction of earthen storage
- Construction of regulated mixed anaerobic digester
* Up to December 31, 2010 in unorganized territories in Northern Ontario, a
NMS must be prepared prior to these construction projects and the farm operation
registers with OMAFRA; approval is not required. Due to a recent regulatory
amendment, after this date, approval of the NMS by OMAFRA will be required prior
to commencing construction.
Figure 2b. What Must They Do?
- Get an approved NMS (Record of Approval provided by OMAFRA)
- Adhere to construction and siting requirements, and
- Manage manure, AD digestate and other nutrients (e.g., run-off and washwater)
according to NMS (including construction and siting)
When Farms Require a NMS, NMP or NASM Plan