Welcome to the OMAFRA biogas website. Through the generation of biogas, a process where organic materials break down in an oxygen-free environment, Ontario's agricultural sector produces clean, renewable energy, reducing greenhouse gas emissions. This page provides links to information about various biogas topics such as biogas safety, funding and training.
- Nutrient Management Regulation (Ontario Regulation 267/03 - General, as amended (O. Reg. 267/03)
- Regulatory Requirements for On-Farm Anaerobic Digestion Facilities under Ontario Regulation 267/03
- Environmental Compliance Approval
- Renewable Energy Approval for renewable electricity generation
- Feed-In Tariff, Green Energy Act and Regulated Mixed Anaerobic Digestion Facility Rules
- Producing Biomethane and Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) from Farm and Food-Based Biogas Systems
Biogas Technical Information
- Decommissioning On-Farm Biogas Systems
- Energy Yields from a Farm-based Anaerobic Digestion System
- Food-Based Inputs for Biogas Systems in Ontario: How Much is Out There?
- Hydrogen Sulphide in Agricultural Biogas Systems
Industry Contacts and External Links
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300