Winter - Time to Harvest Information
As an organic producer, what workshops or conferences are you planning
to attend this winter and how do you get the most out of your investment
of time and money?
Here are some tips:
- Talk to other producers and ask what learning events they have found
most helpful and applicable.
- Visit websites of those events you are interested in and drill down
to what sessions are offered and the speaker profiles.
- If you plan to take family or employees with you, don't all go to
the same session if several are offered - have a game plan and decide
who will go to what session. This will ensure maximum benefit of your
time and money - have coffee with them the next day and share your experiences.
- If the event offers a trade show - visit it - network - get what you
- If the event is a full day workshop in one room with constant sitting
- bring water, snacks and appropriate dress in case the room gets too
hot or too cold.
- Bring paper and pens and your BUSINESS CARDS - a great way to network.
(I also take along my day-timer in case someone wants to set up an appointment
or mentions another event you don't want to miss).
- If you have to travel a distance to the event - plan it so you can
make business calls along the way (e.g. meet suppliers, visit another
- Have a plan that you will implement at least 3 ideas that you received
at the event and stick to it - Write them down in a visible place in
your office for all to see - set a time line to achieve them.
- Share what you learned with others in your business - don't just give
them copies of the presentations to read - tell it in your own words
and how you seeing it apply to your business.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300
Local: (519) 826-4047