Canadian Agricultural Partnership (the Partnership)
Table of Contents
- Cost-Share Funding
- Workshops, Resources, and eLearning
- Business Risk Management
- Federal-only Programs Under the Partnership
Funding Supports and Opportunities Currently Available
- The Phase 1 application intake for Cost-Share Funding for Processors and Other Businesses (animal health, commercializers and primary agri-food businesses) opened August 5, 2021 and closed September 2, 2021. Phase 2 will open on September 29, 2021 and close on October 20, 2021.
- The Partnership's Intake to Support Managed Bee Health began accepting applications on June 21, 2021. The Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA) administers cost-share funding for Honey Bee Health Management. Program details, including how to apply, program guides, and application forms can be found on the OSCIA website.
- OMAFRA has entered into a Transfer Payment Agreement with the Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS) to provide agri-food businesses, organizations and associations with educational resources, tools and consulting services to help them implement COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Additional details about businesses that may qualify can be found online on the WSPS website or by calling: 1-877-494-WSPS (9777).
- A list of all Processor approved projects from the intake period of March 22 to May 6, 2019 is now available.
The Partnership offers cost-share funding to support farmer, processor, other businesses, sector organizations and strategic partnerships. Funding offered through the program is subject to change based on the timing of application intakes and the availability of funds.
Workshops, Resources and E-learning
The ministry continues to offer workshops, resources, and eLearning opportunities at no cost for the agri-food and agri-products sectors.
- Environmental Farm Plan Workshops
- Growing Your Farm Profits Workshops
- Biosecurity Workshops for Producers
- Agriculture and Food Education Online Learning System
- Food Safety and Traceability Resources
- Agriculture Business Management Resources
- Food and Beverage Processing Business Resources
Business Risk Management Support for Farmers
Funding for Business Risk Management (BRM) programs helps ensure producers are protected against significant risks that threaten the viability of their farm and are beyond their capacity to manage. In Ontario, Agricorp administers BRM programs.
Federal-Only Programs under the Partnership
In addition to shared Canada-Ontario programs, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) delivers federal programs under the Partnership aimed at generating economic growth in the agricultural sector. For more information about these programs and how to access them, visit the AAFC website.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300