Enhanced Agri-food Workplace Protection Program
Table of Contents
Funding Supports and Opportunities Currently Available
- Funding is available now for the Enhanced Agri-Food Workplace Protection Program. Eligible submissions for project costs incurred on or after March 15, 2020 are received and assessed on a continuous basis, while funding is available.
- The federal government recently announced an additional $11.6 million investment into the Enhanced Agri-Food Workplace Protection Program. Please check back in late October for updated program guidelines and submission forms.
- Funding is available now for the Agri-Food Workplace Protection Program for provincially licensed meat processors through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership. Eligible applications are received and assessed on a continuous basis, while funding is available.
- OMAFRA has entered into a Transfer Payment Agreement with the Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS) to provide agri-food businesses, organizations and associations with educational resources, tools and consulting services to help them meet implement COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Additional details about businesses that may qualify can be found online on the WSPS website or by calling 1-877-494-WSPS (9777).
The Government of Ontario is investing up to $15 million to expand a program which helps support the agri-food sector and better protect workers during the COVID-19 outbreak. The federal government recently announced an additional $11.6 million investment into this program, bringing the total to $26.6 million.
The Enhanced Agri-food Workplace Protection Program will help more operations, including farms, to take additional measures to improve health and safety for their workers and ensure the continued supply of healthy food during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Farmers and other operations have access to cost-share funding to help support preventative occupational health and safety measures for employees, such as purchasing personal protective equipment, medical testing equipment, enhanced cleaning and disinfection.
Support will soon be available for small capital projects for housing or workplace modifications and equipment to enhance physical distancing between workers.
Farm business operators who have incurred expenses during the 2020 season related to worker isolation or wage supports due to COVID-19 may also be eligible for support.
Recent Enhancements to the program include:
- Support is now available for farmers and other operations to assist with costs for short-term accommodation and transportation related to preventative measures.
- The amount farmers can claim for preventative expenses will double, to $15,000.
- Support is now available for eligible farm businesses which have incurred extraordinary costs related to workers who have needed to isolate due to a positive COVID-19 test result or orders from a public health authority.
- Support of up to $100,000 will soon be available for small capital projects including housing modifications, workplace modifications and equipment to allow greater physical distancing for workers.
- Please check back in late October for updated program guidelines and submission forms.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300